> Easy, Tender Caribbean-Spiced Chuck Roast
I have to say, chuck roast looks pretty intimidating. It's a big ole hunk of meat! However, the recipe below was so easy and delicious. It got both the boy and I's seals of approval! I will say though: this is not the most "macro friendly" cut of meat. It's high in fat. However, eaten in moderation, it works with my diet-style AND makes the boyfriend very happy. Win-win!
- ~3 pound Chuck Roast
- 2 teaspoons fine Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1.5 teaspoons ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon dried Thyme Leaves
- 0.5 teaspoon Turmeric
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 2 cups Water
- Mix the Himalayan Pink Salt, Cinnamon, Ginger, Thyme Leaves, & Turmeric in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Click "Saute" button on your InstantPot and add the Coconut Oil.
- Next, you will "brown" all sides of the Chuck Roast. When simmering, add Chuck Roast and let sit for 2-3 minutes. Flip Chuck Roast to another, un-browned side and let sit for 2-3 minutes. Repeat until all sides are browned. This will help the roast retain the flavors during the cooking process.
- Sprinkle mixture from Step 1 onto Chuck Roast and rub in with a cooking utensil (I used a spoon). It's okay if mixture does get on sides of roast or if it falls to the bottom of the pot.
- Slowly pour 2 cups of Water around outsides of Chuck Roast.
- Close and lock lid. Click "Manual" on InstantPot and set for 70 minutes.
- Let InstantPot natural release.
- Shred and serve!
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?