> Easy Grilled Chicken Drumsticks
This recipe for easy grilled chicken drumsticks uses a delicious 4-ingredient marinade and I’ll show you just how easy it is to grill! (It’s not just for the guys!)
The marinade for easy grilled chicken drumsticks is great because it’s super-easy to make, and while the addition of soy sauce might make you think that it’s going in an Asian chicken direction, it really just imparts a salty, umami flavor and gives the skin great color. The oil helps ensure that your meat won’t stick to the grill.
Here are my three tips for grilling:
- Let the meat come to temperature. Remove meat from the fridge about a half-hour before you plan on grilling. This ensures that it cooks at the proper rate.
- Don’t futz with the food! (Futz may not be a technical term, but…)You don’t want to be constantly flipping and turning, put the meat on the grill, and flip it when it’s about half-way done. This will also help make sure the meat doesn’t stick to the grill.
- Use a meat thermometer. Seriously, it’s hard to know when food on the grill is done, and often times we over-cook because we don’t want foods to be under-cooked. Using a meat thermometer will ensure your grilled meats and fish are done, but not OVER done. (By the way, Moink sends a digital one your way with your first order. Just sayin!)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1.5 lbs chicken drumsticks
- Mince garlic and add all ingredients except for chicken to a plastic zip-topped bag.
- Add chicken to bag and marinate for at least 20 minutes, or overnight. Flip bag to distribute marinade occasionally.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and preheat grill to medium-high, about 375 degrees.
- Place chicken legs on hot grill and cook for 10 minutes, flip over and cook for another 10 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of at least 175 degrees.
- Let rest for at least 5-10 minutes and dig in!
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?