> Lamb Burger with Healthy Tzatziki Sauce
I’m all about the burgers lately, and these LAMB BURGERS were one of the best I’ve ever had!! The yogurt makes them extra fluffy, and the flavors couldn’t be more delicious! If you’re not a fan of lamb, feel free to sub for ground beef, buffalo, turkey, or even chicken, and call them Mediterranean burgers!
The Tzatziki Sauce is a must! It’s so refreshing, and this homemade version is SO much healthier than store bought, or ordering while you’re out! The cultured plain yogurt that I used has billions of probiotics, making this a gut healthy meal! This would also be great for kabobs, in wraps, and as a dip with veggies.
I think you will be ready for grilling season with these bad boys!
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 1/2 onion, diced (I used red)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup, cucumber chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg yolk, discard the egg white
- 2 tsp. dried chives
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 Tbl. garbanzo bean flour (or any flour/bread crumbs)
- 1 Tbl. lemon juice
- Pink salt & pepper
- In a mixing bowl add: Lamb, 1/4 onion, egg yolk, 1/4 cup yogurt, 1/4 cup feta, chives, oregano,
garbanzo bean flour, pink salt & pepper.
- Combine thoroughly, and form into 4 burger patties.
- Grill on high, 4-5 minutes each side
While burgers are grilling, make the Tzatziki Sauce.
- In a blender OR mash together in a bowl remaining 1/4 feta, remaining 1/4 onion, remaining 1/2 cup yogurt, cucumber, lemon juice, pink salt &
pepper to taste.
- Mix together, adjusting as desired.
Serve burgers as you wish, with Tzatziki Sauce, on a bun or in a salad bowl. Enjoy!
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?