> Whole30 + Paleo South Carolina Barbecue Recipe
When you think of barbecue, you may immediately think of the tomato-based, sweet barbecue sauce that originated in Kansas City. But especially if you‘re a huge mustard fan, you will LOVE this Whole30 + Paleo South Carolina Barbecue Recipe!
- ¾ cup prepared yellow mustard
- ¾ cup pitted dates (about 18 dates)
- 6 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 4 lb Moink Pork Shoulder
- Add all ingredients into a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- To cook my pork shoulder, I added 1 cup of water to the bottom of my Instant Pot, then I slather the pork shoulder in the South Carolina Barbecue Sauce, and cook on the “meat” setting. (This should be high for about 45 min). OR cook in a crock pot on low for 8 hours.
- Shred either using the whisk attachment to your KitchenAid (pro tip!) or shred using forks.
- Top with more South Carolina Barbecue Sauce and enjoy!
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?