> Bone-In French Ribeye Steak with Mushroom and Thyme Compound Butter
This Bone-in French Ribeye Steak with Mushroom and Thyme Compound Butter is going to amaze you! A beautiful steak with a flavorful compound butter is the perfect recipe for Valentine’s Day dinner or for any special family meal.
A compound butter is a great way to add a little flavor to enhance a steak. This time I made a mushroom and thyme compound butter using shitake mushrooms. The key to a great compound butter is to incorporate everything into the butter, place your butter mixture onto a piece of parchment paper and roll tightly into a log. After it is in the fridge for a few hours it will be ready to slice up and serve on top of your steak.
- 1 stick softened butter (I prefer unsalted)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup diced shitake mushrooms
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat olive oil in small skillet and add mushrooms.
- Sautee until cooked through and let cool.
- Add everything to a small bowl and mash together with a fork until well combined.
- Place butter onto a piece of parchment paper and roll tightly into a log.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Slice and serve on top of the steak.
For this meal, my husband seasoned our steaks with a homemade steak seasoning and grilled the steaks to 155 degrees. We let them rest a minute and then topped them with the compound butter.
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?