After trying different ways to make steak, I came up with low carb steak fajita spirals and they were a hit with the entire family. Of course you can mix it up a bit to your own liking from different cheeses and spices so feel free to change it up but make sure to watch the carbs. Enjoy!
Combine all spices in a bowl and mix well to blend together.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Season onion and bell peppers with seasoning.
3. Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large pan and sauté onion and bell peppers until soft.
4. Lie the flat-iron steak on a cutting board and filet it with a sharp knife so you have several pieces.
5. Season the flat-iron steak on both sides with seasoning mix.
6. Drain onions and peppers and place the sautéed onions and peppers in the middle of the steak but leave about an inch on both ends.
7. Roll the meat up tightly and place about 3-4 wooden skewers about an inch apart in the meat to hold it in place.
8. Using a sharp knife cut in between the wooden skewers. (it should look like a pinwheel after it is cut)
9. Cook in a skillet over high heat until a crust has appeared and mostly done. Flip over and repeat on the other side.
10. Line a cooking sheet with foil and place the steak spirals on it.
11. Top each spiral with onions, peppers and monterey jack cheese
12. Bake uncovered for 10 minutes.