> Marinated Flank Steak BLT
Okay you guys, get ready for a pretty epic Whole30/Keto/Gluten Free/Paleo sandwich. It’s a Flank Steak BLT made with grass-fed beef, nitrate free bacon, smashed avocado, ranch, and hollowed out heads of iceberg lettuce.
Just a quick note: keep a fork & knife nearby when you eat this, because it becomes a drippy mess pretty quickly and I’m 100% okay with that. In fact, I think it’s even better when your sandwich is a little messy. You know what I’m talking about, right?
- 1/2 lb Moink Flank Steak
- 4-8 slices sugar-free/nitrate free Moink bacon cooked & cooled
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 2 small tomatoes or one large
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 1 avocado smashed
- 3-4 tbsp ranch
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
Marinate the Steak
- Slice the garlic and whisk together with the other marinade ingredients.
- Pour over the flank steak, cover, and marinate for an hour.
Cook the Steak
- Pat the steak dry and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a hot pan, grill the steak for about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Allow it to rest before slicing against the grain.
Assemble the Sandwich
- Slice the iceberg in half from the stem, and gently scoop out sections with your hands to make the bun.
- Slice the tomatoes. Scoop out the avocado and mash it with a fork.
- Layer the lettuce halves with mayo, smashed avocado, sliced tomato, bacon, and slices of the steak.
- Drizzle with ranch and season with salt and pepper to taste.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?