> Drummies, Wings, and Thighs... OH MY!
A recipe (well, two!) from Chef Tommy!
I just love the fact that Moink packages the chicken drummies, wings, and thighs separately. This lets everyone have their favorite, and we get two meal preparations done in the time of one!
- 1 package of each Moink drummies, wings, and thighs
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 lemon
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 cups celery (cut in 1 inch pieces)
- 1 medium onion (cut in 8 wedges)
- 1 pound or so fingerling potatoes
- 1 bottle of white wine or dry vermouth
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- First, fire up the grill and the oven. Put the grill on high, and oven at 350 degrees (or you could use your Crock Pot!)
- Now, take your drummies, wings, and thighs, and put them in your crock pot or roaster.
- Sprinkle with the Italian seasoning, pepper, kosher salt, and garlic.
- Zest and juice the lemon over the top, add olive oil, and toss!
- Take the roaster/Crock Pot out to the grill.
- Pull out half or so of the chicken and put on the grill, leaving the grill open.
- Take the remaining chicken back into the kitchen.
- Now, toss the remaining chicken in with the carrots, celery, onion, and potatoes.
- Throw in the oven or Crock Pot on high.
- Check your grill, chances are it's time to turn the chicken.
- This is a perfect time to oil up and throw on your favorite veggies.
- Grab the sesame oil, hoisin, and sesame seeds and mix well in a small bowl to make your Asian BBQ.
- With a grill brush, brush the chicken with the Asian BBQ, close the lid to the grill and turn down the heat to medium. We want that BBQ to be baked on!
- Check your oven. When the chicken starts to brown, pour 2 cups of the white wine over the top and cover.
- Swing back to the grill, turn the chicken and baste the other side with the BBQ. Turn your veggies and cover your grill (by the way, this creates an oven effect!)
- Go inside and grab a platter and place the rice in the middle.
- Return to the grill and plate up that deliciousness!
- About 25 minutes into your first dinner, check the chicken in the oven. Use your probe thermometer on the thighs, if it is at 165, remove roaster from the oven. The roaster will be cool in about 2 hours, and you can then safely put in the fridge for your next chicken dinner! This will be good for 7 days!
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?